About Health Level Seven (HL7)
HL7 (Singapore) is an open, not-for-profit organization to support the development, promotion and implementation of HL7 standards in ways that meet the needs of healthcare organizations, healthcare professionals and healthcare IT practitioners in Singapore.
HL7 Singapore was registered with the Singapore Registrar of Societies (ROS) on the 3 June 2008 and officially launched on 27 June 2008. The HL7 Singapore constitution can be viewed here.
Why a Singapore Chapter of HL7
HL7 plays a pivotal role in health IT interoperability through its standards. As an organization it also provides a mature place in which users, purchasers and suppliers can build consensus on interoperability and the means to achieve standardisation
HL7 Singapore being an HL7 International affiliate aims to:
- Support the development, promotion and implementation of HL7 standards in ways which meet the needs of healthcare organizations, healthcare professionals and healthcare IT practitioners in Singapore
- Match Singapore national requirement with HL7 standards, and if necessary, develop Singapore-specific messages, profiles and implementation guides
- Educate the Singapore community and healthcare IT practitioners about HL7 standards, and to promote effective and consistent implementation of HL7 standards
HL7 Singapore Vision
- To create the best and most widely used standards in healthcare
HL7 Singapore Mission
- To create a Singapore Healthcare Standards Community where users, providers and suppliers can build consensus on healthcare standards to enable IT systems technical, semantic and process interoperability of healthcare information to improve patient-centric care delivery across the healthcare continuum
About HL7 International
- Founded in 1987, Health Level Seven Inc. (www.hl7.org) is an open, not-for-profit, ANSI-accredited standards developing organization dedicated to providing a comprehensive framework and related standards for the exchange, integration, sharing and retrieval of electronic health information that supports clinical practice and the management, delivery and evaluation of Health Services
- HL7 has more than 2,400 members representing approximately 500 corporate members, including 90 percent of the information systems vendors serving healthcare